These are features currently implemented in the stable version of jsXe
- Written in Java, so it runs on Mac OS X, OS/2, Unix, VMS and Windows.
- XML documents are edited using views. jsXe allows for multiple views.
- Syntax highlighted source view (version 0.4 beta)
- Plugin interface that allows the addition of views without re-compiling
- Relatively good serialization of XML documents. Supports the option of formatting serialized XML documents or not formatting. Supports preserving whitespace in text.
- Allows opening and editing of multiple XML documents in one open window.
- Incremental parsing. Parsing the document and validation will be done automatically without having to continuously hit a validate/parse button.
- Support for validation of an XML document using DTDs and other forms of Schema.
- DTD/Schema introspection. Information in the DTD/Schema is used to allow users to add and edit nodes based on defined within the DTD/Schema.
- Internationalization. jsXe has support to easily create translations of menus and messages into your native language.
- Built-in completion support for XML Schema, XHTML, XSLT, and XSL:FO
- Adding, deleting, and editing of Nodes in an XML document using context menus.
- Adding, deleting, and editing of attributes of an element node.
- Drag and Drop of XML nodes within the Tree view and to text editors.
- Text editing of the full XML source of any XML document
- Cut, copy, and paste and other limited features.
These are features that have been added to the development version of jsXe or are planned for the future
- A schema designer view that uses JGraph
- A docbook editor view using Vex
- An XHTML renderer using Flying Saucer
- Support for transforming XML documents using XSLT stylesheets.
- Support for Unlimited Undo (version 0.5 beta)
- Tag completion using DTD/Schema introspection (version 0.5 beta)
- Automatic insertion of closing tags (version 0.5 beta)
- A help system using AurigaDoc or Docbook (version 0.6 beta)